Table of Contents
· Personal Information We Collect
· How We Use Your Personal Information
· How We Share your Personal Information
· Your Choices
· Other Important Privacy Information
· How to Contact Us
· Notice to European Users
Personal Information We Collect
Information you give us. Personal information you may provide through the Service or otherwise communicate to us includes:
· Contact information. When you create an account, use the Service, or contact us through the Sites, we may collect information such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title and company name.
· User-generated content. We may collect content or other information that you provide or create when you interact with the Service, such as text from the messaging functionality on our site, text, images, and video from your profile, including images to decorate your profile page, biographical data, references to business associates or external blogs or publications, and text from the use of the live chat functionality on our site.
· Events information. If you register for or participate in one of our meetings or events, we may collect the information you provide to us related to or through the event.
· Feedback or Correspondence. We may collect information about you that you provide when you request information from us, interact with us by email, on phone calls, the use of live chat functionality, or through other methods of communication, such as posting public comments, or otherwise correspond with us.
· Application Information. This may include information about grant applicants, job applicants, and similar individuals, such as professional credentials, educational and work history, present and past institutional affiliations, publications, research interests, areas of professional focus or specialization, and other information of the type typically included on a resume, curriculum vitae, or scientific research grant application.
· Demographic Information. Information such as your zip code, gender, date of birth, age and/or income.
· Profile information. Information such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, a short biography, your photograph, interests and preferences, and social media profile and account information, including the number of followers, comments, and likes your profiles receive.
· Financial information. When you use the Service we may collect payment information about you or your organization, such as tax identification number, bank account information or payment card information.
· Transaction information. Information including details about payments to and from you and other details of products or services you have purchased from us.
· Usage information. Information about how you use our websites and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the websites or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the websites
· Subscription information. This includes information such your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
How We Use Your Personal Information
To operate the Service. We use your personal information:
· to provide, operate and improve the Service;
· to communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
· to communicate with you about events or contests in which you participate;
· to facilitate communication with other site users such as brands, agencies, or influencers;
· to understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service; and
· to respond to your requests, questions and feedback related to the Service.
For research and development. We analyze use of the Service to study trends and users’ movements around the Service, gather demographic information about our user base, improve the Service and develop new products and services.
To manage events. We use your contact details and other personal information to plan and host events or webinars for which you have registered or that you attend, including sending related communications to you.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may send you promotions, newsletters or other marketing communications, but you may opt out of receiving them as described in the Opt out of marketing section below.
To create anonymous data. We may create aggregated and other anonymous data from our users’ information. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties to understand and improve the Service, promote our business and for other lawful business purposes.
Third party sites and services
The Service may contain links to other websites and services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control third party websites, applications or services, and are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding their collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read their privacy policies to learn more.
In addition, our content may be included on web pages and websites that are not associated with us and over which we have no control. These third parties may collect data through the use of their own cookies, pixel tags or other technology, independently collect information or solicit Personal Information, and may have the ability to track your use of their websites and services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any third party.
Security practices. The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.If you have a user account for the Service, you are solely responsible for maintaining and protecting the confidentiality of your account username, password and other account information in your possession.
International data use. We are headquartered in the United States and have affiliates and service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be collected, used and stored in the United States or other locations outside of your home country. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal information may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country.
European Union users should read the important information provided below about transfer of personal information outside of the European Union.
Children. The Service is not directed at, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under the age of 16. If we learn that personal information of someone under the age of 16 has been submitted to us, we will take appropriate steps to delete it.
Customer-administered accounts. Where the Service is provided to you through your employer or another organization, that organization is the administrator of the Service. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of these organizations, which have their own privacy policies. Please note that your organization’s administrator may be able to:
· require you to reset your account password;
· restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Service;
· access information in and about your account;
· access or retain information stored as part of your account;
· change the email address associated with your account;
· change your information, including profile information; and
· restrict your ability to edit, restrict, modify or delete information.
Please contact your organization or refer to your administrator’s organizational policies for more information.